Postdocstelle: Seismologie und künstliche Intelligenz
Da wir eine internationale Arbeitsgruppe sind ist Stellenausschreibung in englischer Sprache verfügbar:
Postdoctoral position in the project “Seismology and Artificial Intelligence - SAI”
The project is being carried out in the newly established group of Seismology led by Dr. Nishtha Srivastava at FIAS in active collaboration with Prof. Dr. Horst Stöcker and Prof. Dr. Georg Rümpker.
The project focuses on developing and applying an innovative computational framework based on novel techniques of Deep Learning and Machine Learning in Seismological Data. The research work will range across Seismology, Artificial Intelligence, Physics, and High-performance computing.
For further information on the Srivastava Group please visit ourSAI Project page
We are looking for candidates with:
- An excellent phd degree in physics, computer science or geosciences
- Excellent communication skills and working proficiency in English
- A strong interest in interdisciplinary research
- Previous experience in programming (Python, Matlab etc.), and machine learning (PyTorch, Tensorflow) are not required but a plus
- A highly inspiring work atmosphere
- Exciting and modern research topics bridging theory and experiment,
- Excellent research infrastructure and dedicate mentoring
- Excellent opportunities for training and career development.
- Group members will profit from synergies emerging through the interaction with their experimental/theoretical co-fellow.
- You will have the opportunity to live in Frankfurt am Main, a vibrant and exciting cosmopolitan city at the heart of Europe.
- A funded postdoc position with a competitive salary.
- A motivation letter, stressing why you want to focus on this topic and be part of our lab.
- A detailed curriculum vitae containing academic qualifications, research experiences, skills, possibly a publication list where you highlight your contribution.
- Name and contact information of at least two scientists who can give references.
- Detailed transcripts of records of your PhD and Master's program.
Due to the project funding applications are invited from highly motivated and talented women.
Applications may be submitted until June, 15 2021 but interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible. The successful applicant is expected to start in as soon as possible.
Please upload all documents as a single pdf file using our application platform:Application Platform
BMBF for young female scientists
Guideline for the promotion of female AI junior scientists
The project is part of the BMBF guideline for the promotion of female AI junior scientists. The guideline for the promotion of young female AI researchers aims to increase the influence of women in AI research. Groups of young female scientists from the fields of computer science, mathematics, physics, linguistics, neurosciences, cognitive sciences, psychology or related disciplines are supported, including those working on an interdisciplinary basis. These groups should each have a proportion of women of over 60 percent and be led by women.