Research position (PostDoc) in the field of data-intensive basic research (f/m/d)
FIAS is a member of the PUNCH4NFDI consortium (Particles, Universe, NuClei and Hadrons for the National Research Data Infrastructure). One overarching goal is to make new experimental data from these research areas available - within the principles of "FAIR" data management. Within the framework of this consortium, we are active in the area of "data irreversibility" focusing on efficient data reduction and processing under real-time conditions. Challenges arise particularly in the context of the data rates and data volumes of the high luminosity LHC or the Square Kilometre Array, since only finely filtered and pre-processed data can be stored.
- investigation of existing solutions for efficient real-time data processing in LHC experiments
- synchronisation of data base instances for relevant metadata from data taking
- definition and initial implementation of an efficient real-time data processing framework
- publication and dissemination of results
- university degree (Master or equivalent) in computer science, physics, mathematics or a related subject
- doctorate in one of the above subjects
- expertise in scientific computing
- independent scientific work
- excellent written and spoken English
- salary according to remuneration level 13 TV-H
- fixed-term, full-time position (available immediately, limited until 31.12.2025)
- a diverse and challenging assignment working at the forefront of technology
- internal and external training opportunities
- working with other experts within the group of architecture of high-performance computers, led by Prof. Dr. Volker Lindenstruth
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please send applications with the usual documents, preferably in a single PDF document, to Prof. Dr. Volker Lindenstruth https://pm.fias.science/projects/application
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS)
Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1, 60438 Frankfurt am Main
The Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS) is an international research institute for interdisciplinary theoretical Research in the Rhine-Main-Area. It is an institute with activities in Natural Sciences, Life Sciences & Neurosciences and Computer Sciences, dedicated to cross-disciplinary research and to promotion of young scientists. The hierarchy at FIAS is flat and all fellows have same rights and obligations. Our institute is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.
FIAS is positioned at the Science-Campus Riedberg hosting, in addition, the institutes of life science and science departments of the Goethe University Frankfurt, the Max-Planck Institutes for Biophysics und Brain Research and the Frankfurter Innovation center FIZ. Frankfurt creates a superb environment for researchers at FIAS with its global internet hub, the active software enterprises, and its strategic importance in fields of finance, medicine, mobility and pharmaceutic industry (and their large data sets) eager to cooperate with fundamental sciences.